Having so many women around also inspired me to be funnier at my daily pep talks, which was a good thing, since my debut as a comedian was rapidly approaching.
I booked an audition showcase at a comedy club in Encino called the L.A. Cabaret. The owner would be there, and book me for future shows if he liked what he saw.
By the time my big night rolled around, my jokes had already been tested on the telemarketers, who incidentally, were peppered throughout the audience. Seeing their supportive faces made me feel right at home, and when I took the stage, I did so with confidence. I wasn’t nervous; I took care of that by sinking a six-pack in my car ahead of time. My act consisted of impressions, observations, and dick jokes. I didn’t “kill,” but people laughed in all the right spots, and in comedy, that’s the bottom line. The owner was so impressed he booked me for eight additional shows!
No comments:
Post a Comment